It’s probably the day may have been waiting for. The day that is really rare from the WhatsApp team. The Facebook owned messenger for iPhone and Android, has been updated with new features and bug fixes.
The long list of feature list includes minor things like an updated tick mark in the messages you send to major updates like the ability to edit and shoot slow-motion videos right there with the app.
Now, one of the features that WhatsApp lacked, when compared to Facebook Messenger is the ability to add captions to the pictures you are sharing with the users. The complete feature list of the new app can be found below:
What’s New in Version 2.11.9
– Added ability to archive chats and groups
– Add captions to photos and videos
– Added fast camera access button for capturing and sending photos
– You can now share slow-motion videos (iPhone 5s only)
– You can now trim videos before sharing them
– Share Location: add support for satellite and hybrid map views when sharing a location
– Share Location: drop and drag pin lets you share a precise location
– New media auto-download preferences: Settings > Chat Settings > Media Auto-Download
– New Wallpapers: Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Wallpapers > Wallpaper Library
– New Notification tones: Settings > Notifications
– You can now attach screenshots when reporting problems
Finally, just before the final release of iOS 8, the messenger works flawlessly with devices running iOS 8. WhatsApp Messenger 2.11.9 is availabe now via the App Store.
If you are an Android users, and own an Android Wear device, then the app works for you too. Learn more about WhatsApp for Android Wear here.