I earlier posted on the Jailbreak news that the iPad 2 was Jailbroken and the exploit is in beta. And this tutorial is for those heads who want to Jailbreak their iPad 2 running 4.3.x. The iPad 2 jailbreak released has been long pending with @comex and now, it looks like it is out. Read this post carefully before you start the Jailbreak process.
[alert_box type=”Error”] Warning: This is BETA version of the Jailbreak and you may experience a lot of bugs that iOS 5 beta 1 has. Safari crashes and many other native apps are crashing as of now. Do this if you are ready to go through some restores. [/alert_box]
Here’s the step-by-step instruction on how to Jailbreak your iPad 2:
- Fire-up Safari on your iPad 2.
- Type this URL in the address bar: http://k.karthikk.net/ipad2jbb
- This will initiate the Jailbreak process. (Will download Cydia onto your iPad)
- Restart the iPad 2 (This took a while for me)
- And that’s it you are on a jailbroken iPad 2.
Note: I’m telling you again, this is just a beta and there might be some (many) bugs. I will keep you posted about the bugs and fixes soon. Until then, follow me on twitter (@ImKarthikK) or subscribe to my RSS. [/alert_box]